Monday, December 22, 2008

Thanksgiving in Chaddy

Having my own apartment I was fortunate to host a Thanksgiving feast at my place! We had a homegrown Moldovan turkey freshly butchered from a village.. I learned he had his own seat on the bus to my town. We decided to give him an American & Russian name and called him FRED IVANOVICH. He was a tasty little turkey.

A bunch of fellow Peace Corps volunteers came over along with co-worker/partner Tanya and her daughter Lida. We ate a stuffed Fred, green bean casserole, a cuban citrus chicken dish, deviled eggs, Indian fried eggplant, homemade pumpkin pie, apple crisp with ice-cream, fudge and homemade house wine.

We had so much fun dancing around in the kitchen all day, and eating all night! Ibrahim, my boyfriend, even joined us from Istanbul via Skype! We had a very international Thanksgiving in Moldova.

No comments: