Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thanksgiving trip to Montreal & Ottawa

Once again, Anne and I set out for a roadtrip adventure. This trip into Canada took place during Thanksgiving break. We visited her friend Eric in Montreal, Quebec. Fortunately, Eric is a native so he could speak French for me! He gave a tour of French Montreal, English Montreal, and old historical Montreal. There was a lot of beautiful architecture to appreciate during our walk. The cathedral was particularly amazing. Just one very important warning if you ever drive in Montreal, be wary of suicidal drivers! I witnessed some of the fastest and craziest driving techniques EVER!

We also SLOWLY and CAREFULLY drove to Ottawa (in Ontario) and visited some friends from my JET experience in Japan, Kim & Darius. There we visited the Canadian Parliament building where I flashed my Canadian passport. Also notice the "Cat Parliament" which is for stray cats, and is housed directly behind the human Canadian Parliament building! If you look closely, a black squirrel is reaping the benefits of human generosity (cat food in a dish).

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

No comments: